A Pennsylvania woman is blaming the staff and management of a New Jersey store for a fall she took while shopping there. The woman and her husband are seeking damages from the JC Penney Corporation of Philadelphia for the accident that took place in 2011.
With one more month left of summer people will try to get outside and grill as much as the weather allows. A lot of Americans will still continue to use propane gas grills even into the colder months. What a lot of people don't think about is the safety behind using a propane tank. 6,100 accidental fires and explosions happen every year due to improper use of the grills and tanks.
In a recent case in Pennsylvania, a boy who was visiting his uncle fell and suffered serious injury after tripping on a sidewalk in an apartment complex. The boy, who is from New York, broke his femur while in town for a family barbecue on July 4, 2009. He was eight years old at the time of the accident, and he allegedly suffered permanent damage and accrued many medical bills.
Pennsylvania residents may be interested in the case of a 45-year-old man who won $15 million in a lawsuit that his family filed against the Los Angeles Dodgers and their former owner, Frank McCourt. The lawsuit was filed after the San Francisco Giants fan was attacked and severely injured at Dodger Stadium. While the July 9 verdict absolved McCourt of personal liability, the jury deemed the Dodgers negligent in a split decision. While the jury awarded the man $18 million overall, some of the blame was assigned to the man's attackers.
With Independence Day now behind us, but still a good month and a half before Labor Day, propane safety should be on everyone's minds. More than 75% of American households own and use propane gas grills at least once a month. Over the next few months, there will be countless Americans who will host backyard barbecues to celebrate birthdays, holidays, or maybe just a beautiful summer day; however, before you do, make sure that you know a little bit about propane safety.
It has been reported that a child dies due to a furniture accident in the U.S. on the average of every two weeks. In a Pennsylvania town, two toddlers were killed on July 4 after a dresser fell on them while they were climbing on its shelves. They accidentally pulled the dresser on them, and an autopsy revealed that the two girls were killed due to asphyxia as the dresser pressed on their chests.
A woman who claims that she slipped and fell at the Trump Plaza Hotel in Atlantic City is suing for more than $50,000 for medical bills and other damages. Her suit, filed in Pennsylvania, alleges that the owner of the building failed to warn guests about a water leak that created a wet floor and failed to inspect the premises or correct the situation.