Pittsburgh Nursing Error Lawyers
Skilled Pittsburgh PA Lawyers Fight to Protect the Rights of Victims Injured by Nursing Errors
Nurses are often on the front line of healthcare, providing the most direct care to patients. Nurses are responsible for administering medications, monitoring patients’ conditions, and providing basic care and support during a patient’s recovery. However, if a nurse commits an error in the treatment of a patient, it can have disastrous, even life-threatening consequences. As a result, nurses are held to the same high standards of care as other health care providers. When a patient is injured due to the negligence of his or her nurses, we believe that those nurses and their employer should be held financially responsible for the patient’s injuries through a medical malpractice claim; we believe that this sends a sign to the healthcare industry that it will be held accountable for errors committed in nursing care. If you or a loved one have been injured or harmed by a nursing error in Pittsburgh or elsewhere in Western Pennsylvania, contact the experienced, results-driven Pittsburgh nursing error lawyers at Goodrich & Geist, P.C. today.
When you retain our firm, we work tirelessly to help you and your family obtain the compensation and justice that you deserve. Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case and to learn more about your legal rights and options following your nursing error.
Examples of Nursing Errors
Nurses are involved in nearly every aspect of a patient’s care; as a result, nurses may be responsible for all different kinds of errors. However, some nursing errors are more common than others. Some of the most common examples of nursing errors that our firm has seen include:
- Medication errors – Medication errors are the most common nursing error. Nurses are typically responsible for medication administration, and can easily make an error when they fail to confirm that they are administering the right medication, the right dose, with right method at the right time, to the right patient.
- Patient falls – Nurses’ errors can lead to patient falls when nurses fail to ensure that patients’ rooms are free from slipping and tripping hazards, advise patients to ask for help with movement, and not use proper movement equipment and techniques or have sufficient staff on hand to help with moving patients.
- Patient hygiene and infection errors – Nurses are responsible in part for ensuring the hygiene and sanitation of patients, patient rooms, and equipment. When nurses fail to undertake proper aseptic technique or to disinfect equipment and surfaces, it can easily spread disease among patients in hospitals.
- Documentation errors – Nurses can put patients’ health in jeopardy when they fail to properly document a patient’s care. For example, nurses may fail to document medication or other procedures were administered to a patient, or may fail to document a patient’s condition, leading to a decline in health or other distress going unnoticed.
- Patient movement errors – Nurses can place patients (and themselves) at risk of injury when they fail to use proper patient movement and transfer techniques, or fail to use assisting equipment or additional staff when necessary
- Communication errors – Nurses can make serious or life-threatening errors when they fail to communicate and collaborate with the rest of the health care team, for example, when they fail to advise other nurses or physicians in changes to a patient’s condition or complaints or other information provided by a patient.
Our Pittsburgh nursing error attorneys have helped clients seek financial recovery for many different kinds of nursing errors. No matter the circumstances of your case, contact us today to discuss your case with one of our knowledgeable nursing error attorneys.
Goodrich & Geist, P.C. Help Clients Obtain Compensation for Injuries and Damages Caused by Nursing Errors
Pursuing a legal claim for a nursing error is a complicated, time-intensive effort. This is because not every error committed by a nurse is not necessarily a compensable legal claim. Instead, a patient is only entitled to compensation if the nurse’s error falls below the standard of care — often defined as the conduct and treatment that another reasonably prudent nurse of similar training and experience would provide under the same circumstances in the same community — and if the patient suffers some sort of compensable harm.
At Goodrich & Geist, P.C. we can help you obtain compensation by thoroughly investigating your claim and working with medical and nursing experts to find the evidence needed to prove that your nurse’s conduct fell below the applicable standard of care. We will negotiate with the hospitals and insurance companies to try to obtain a full and fair settlement for you. If necessary, we are prepared to aggressively advocate for you in court and will do everything we can to obtain a verdict and judgment in your favor.
Contact Our Pittsburgh Law Firm Today to Discuss Your Rights and Options Following Nursing Errors
If you or a loved one have been injured or suffered some harm due to a nurse’s error, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your injuries and harm. You don’t have to pursue a complex, time-consuming nursing malpractice claim on your own. Contact the experienced Pittsburgh nursing error attorneys at Goodrich & Geist, P.C. today to schedule a free initial consultation with a member of our legal team to learn more about your legal rights and options and about how our firm can help you pursue the compensation you need and deserve.