Work Injuries Lawyer Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh, PA Personal Injury Attorneys Handle Work Injury Cases
When you suffer an injury on the job, it can be a shocking and difficult experience. The workplace is somewhere where many of us feel comfortable and don’t expect to be injured. Fortunately, the law provides several options for someone who has suffered a work injury to seek compensation for losses they’ve incurred due to their work injury, such as medical care costs, lost wages, or pain and suffering. However, depending on the circumstances of your case, pursuing a claim for compensation for a work injury may be a complicated and time-consuming matter. That is why it can be critical to have experienced, dedicated legal representation on your side as you pursue a claim for compensation.
At Goodrich & Geist, P.C., we have helped people throughout Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania who have suffered all kinds of work injuries obtain compensation for their medical expenses, lost income, and other damages. Our attorneys have the experience needed to know how to investigate an accident that results in a work injury, including knowing what medical evidence may be necessary to prove the injury and how to prove that your injury resulted from or during your work and did not arise from some other cause. We have a proven track record of helping victims of work injuries obtain the compensation they need and deserve. We fight to protect your rights and leave no option for financial recovery unexplored. Contact us today to speak with one of our knowledgeable work injury attorneys to learn more about your rights and options for compensation and to learn more about how our firm can help you successfully pursue your claim.
Compensation Available for Work Injuries in Western Pennsylvania
If you have suffered a work-related injury, you may have several different options for compensation available to you, depending on the circumstances of your injury. Forms of compensation for work injuries include:
- Workers’ compensation – Workers’ compensation benefits are a type of no-fault compensation provided by an injured worker’s employer (or the employer’s workers’ compensation insurer). These benefits are considered “no fault” because the employer is obligated to pay benefits so long as the injury occurred in the course and scope of the injured workers’ employment. Workers’ compensation benefits include medical care, partial wage replacement, compensation for temporary or permanent disability, and job retraining and placement
- Social Security disability benefits – Social Security disability benefits are payments that are made to an eligible worker who is able to prove that he or she suffers from a disability that prevents him or her from working in gainful employment that exists in sufficient numbers in the national economy
- Compensation from third-party tortfeasors – Although for many work injuries, the injured party’s sole legal recourse is to seek workers’ compensation benefits, in certain circumstances when a person is injured by a third party’s conduct, the injured party may be able to file a tort or product liability claim to seek compensation (which is usually offset by any workers’ compensation or Social Security disability benefits)
- PIP coverage – If a work injury arises from a motor vehicle accident, an injured party may be able to seek coverage for medical care and wage replacement from the injured party’s own auto insurance carrier’s personal injury protection (PIP) coverage
Contact the knowledgeable work injury attorneys of Goodrich & Geist, P.C. today to speak with a member of our legal team to learn more about the available options for compensation for your work injury.
Examples of Work Injuries In Pittsburgh, PA
Our experienced Pittsburgh work injury attorneys can help you seek recovery for all different kinds of work injuries. Some common work injuries we have helped injured victims obtain financial compensation for include:
- Back, neck, and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Bone fractures
- Ear injuries, including conditions such as tinnitus or loss of hearing
- Facial injuries
- Amputations of digits or limbs
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Soft tissue injuries, including sprains, strains, and tears of muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Exposure to toxic materials and substances and infectious diseases
No matter the extent of your work injuries, the dedicated attorneys of Goodrich & Geist, P.C. can help you obtain financial compensation to cover the losses you’ve suffered or will continue to suffer, such as past and future medical care, lost wages, lost earning potential, and pain and suffering.
Contact Our Pittsburgh, PA Work Injury Attorneys Today to Schedule a Consultation to Discuss Your Case
If you or a loved one have suffered a work injury, you may have multiple avenues available to you to seek compensation for your injury. However, many options for compensation for work injuries have a small window for you to assert your claim. That is why it is important for you to act quickly when you have suffered a work injury. Contact the Pittsburgh and Western PA work injury attorneys at Goodrich & Geist, P.C. today to schedule a free initial consultation. We can help you to understand the avenues available to you for compensation and how we can help you successfully pursue financial recovery for your work injury.