Firm Frequently Asked Questions

If Goodrich & Geist Accepts my case, who will represent me?

We assign at least one of our experienced trial attorneys and at least one trained paralegal to every case. Bill Goodrich, the managing partner at Goodrich & Geist, supervises all of the firm’s cases. In most instances, both Bill Goodrich and Josh Geist will try the case as a team.

What does Goodrich & Geist charge to review my case?

Not a cent. There’s no charge for the initial consultation and review at our office.

What are Goodrich & Geist’s fees for handling my case?

There’s no charge for the initial consultation at our office. If we accept your case, we will charge a fee based on a percentage of the recovery we obtain either by settlement or jury verdict. If we are unable to make a recovery for you, we do not charge a fee.

We also advance all costs (fees for investigators and technical experts, filing fees, and other expenses) necessary for pursuing your case. You will reimburse us only if we are successful. Throughout your case, and at its end, we will provide you with a full accounting of all costs and expenses.

Have you worked on cases like mine before? How’s your track record?

Together, we bring you more than 50 years of combined trial-lawyer experience, gained in more than 100 jury trials. For example, please take a look at our Results.

Can I bring a claim on behalf of a family member who has died?

Yes. An action like this is commonly called a wrongful death claim. In most cases, a family member first must be appointed the victim’s personal representative. The personal representative then acts on behalf of the surviving family members. Usually, the personal representative is the victim’s surviving spouse, child, parent, or sibling.

Are there time limits for bringing a claim?

Yes. In most cases, the time limit (commonly called the statute of limitations) is two years from the date of the incident. While there may be circumstances that extend the time limit, it is important that you contact an attorney as soon as possible.

If my lawsuit is successful, what kind of compensation can I expect?

In most personal injury cases, there are two main forms of compensation:
– Economic damages: in other words, compensation for past and future costs and expenses. These often include medical expenses and lost wages and other income.
– Non-economic damages: these can include payment for the effects of injury or death, including pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, scarring and disfigurement, and damage to relationships with loved ones.

How will I know what’s going on?

We’ll be in touch with you frequently. We want you to understand how your case is going, and we’ll need to follow your recovery, changes in your medical status, and other important developments. We’ve found that email is good way to stay up-to-date, but we’ll meet with you regularly in person at our offices or at your home, too. And of course, you can reach us by phone whenever you like.

If you have any questions, any time, we welcome your call. Just call us at 800-806-2456.



2 men sitting at a table

Basic Steps to Selecting the Right Attorney

Online, on TV, on billboards, on radio, you face a constant barrage of ads promoting attorneys. How can you know which one is the right one for you?


At Goodrich & Geist, we believe that there are three basic qualifications individuals seeking an attorney should always look for.


“We had a wonderful experience working with this firm. Josh Geist was professional, easy to talk to, answered all our questions, and was forth coming with all that was going on. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an attorney who truly has your best interest at heart.”

More Client Reviews

We Are Leaders in THE FIELD OF Personal Injury

We are considered leaders in our own profession. We give lectures on personal injury law and teach other lawyers the nuances of how to build solid cases, secure evidence and obtain successful outcomes — all in an effort to see that more injured victims receive justice. We also take an active role in relevant legal associations.

Our Approach


When you’re choosing an advocate to fight for your rights, the first question you want to ask is, “Does this attorney understand someone like me?” and “Have they had success in handling a case like mine?”

Case Results


Maybe our FAQ will help