$2,000 Scholarship for Families of First Responders
Goodrich & Geist, P.C. Announces Annual Scholarship for Family Members of First Responders, Along with Additional Donation to the First Responders Children’s Foundation
Goodrich & Geist, P.C., a nationally regarded Pennsylvania-based personal injury law firm, is pleased to announce an annual scholarship for both current and aspiring college students that are the child or family member of a first responder.
The scholarship will provide students with $2,000 to go toward the costs of tuition or any other related expenses at a college or university of their choice, anywhere in the United States. An additional $500 will be donated to First Responders Children’s Foundation, whose mission is to provide “financial support to both children who have lost a parent in the line of duty, as well as families enduring significant financial hardships due to tragic circumstances.”
In order to be awarded this scholarship, you must be a current undergraduate or graduate student with a 2.75 GPA and a family member that is a first responder. To apply, students should fill out the form below, and submit a copy of their transcript, 1 letter of recommendation and proof of enrollment to [email protected]
How it Works:
- You fill out the application form below and submit and submit a copy of your transcript, 1 letter of recommendation and proof of enrollment to [email protected] prior to December 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
- We will announce the scholarship winner on or around January 15th, 2021 via our website and social media platforms.
- We then contact the winner to arrange payment in the amount of $2,000 to go toward the costs of tuition or any other school-related expenses.
- We then provide a $500 donation directly to the First Responder Children’s Foundation!
The deadline for all scholarship applications is 11:59 pm on December 31st, 2020. The winner of the award will be announced on our Facebook page on or around January 15th, 2021.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- You must be the child or family member of a current or former first responder.
- You must fill out all required fields of the online application form.
- You must currently have a 2.75 GPA.
- You must submit your transcript and 1 letter of recommendation.
- You must provide proof of enrollment.
Terms and Conditions: Eligibility & Application Process
- Eligibility: You must be enrolled at a U.S. college before the scholarship application deadline.
- Selection of Winner: The winner of the scholarship will be determined by our firm’s selection committee.
- Payment of Award: The $2,000 scholarship award will be paid directly to the student and can be used for tuition or any college-related expenses. The additional $500 donation will be paid directly to the First Responder Children’s Foundation.