$2,000 Scholarship for Families of First Responders
Goodrich & Geist, P.C. Announces Annual Scholarship for Family Members of First Responders, Along with Additional Donation to the First Responders Children’s Foundation
Goodrich & Geist, P.C., a nationally regarded Pennsylvania-based personal injury law firm, is pleased to announce an annual scholarship for both current and aspiring college students that are the child or family member of a first responder.
The scholarship will provide students with $2,000 to go toward the costs of tuition or any other related expenses at a college or university of their choice, anywhere in the United States. An additional $500 will be donated to First Responders Children’s Foundation, whose mission is to provide “financial support to both children who have lost a parent in the line of duty, as well as families enduring significant financial hardships due to tragic circumstances.”
In order to be awarded this scholarship, you must be a current undergraduate or graduate student with a 2.75 GPA and a family member that is a first responder. To apply, students should fill out the form below, and submit a copy of their transcript, 1 letter of recommendation and proof of enrollment to [email protected]
How it Works:
- You fill out the application form below and submit and submit a copy of your transcript, 1 letter of recommendation and proof of enrollment to [email protected] prior to December 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
- We will contact the scholarship winner on or around January 15th, 2022.
- We then contact the winner to arrange payment in the amount of $2,000 to go toward the costs of tuition or any other school-related expenses.
- We then provide a $500 donation directly to the First Responder Children’s Foundation!
The deadline for all scholarship applications is 11:59 pm on December 31st, 2021. The winner of the award will be contacted on or around January 15th, 2022.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- You must be the child or family member of a current or former first responder.
- You must fill out all required fields of the online application form.
- You must currently have a 2.75 GPA.
- You must submit your transcript and 1 letter of recommendation.
- You must provide proof of enrollment.
Terms and Conditions: Eligibility & Application Process
- Eligibility: You must be enrolled at a U.S. college before the scholarship application deadline.
- Selection of Winner: The winner of the scholarship will be determined by our firm’s selection committee.
- Payment of Award: The $2,000 scholarship award will be paid directly to the student and can be used for tuition or any college-related expenses. The additional $500 donation will be paid directly to the First Responder Children’s Foundation.
About Goodrich and Geist, P.C.
At Goodrich & Geist, P.C., we are a different kind of law firm. Our Pittsburgh attorneys, Bill Goodrich and Josh Geist, come from ordinary backgrounds and were raised by honest, hard working families. They understand the everyday struggles that working class families deal with and just how much added stress unnecessary injury can cause. With over 50 years of combined experience, Goodrich and Geist has a solid track record of successful results. They have helped many families in Pittsburgh recover compensation for a wide range of personal injuries. From injuries stemming from auto accidents, hazardous products or equipment, to injuries caused by the negligence of a physician, they have handled them all and have the experience to help you recover.