Roof Or Ladder Fall Accident Lawyers in Pittsburgh
Skilled Personal Injury Attorneys Representing The Injured Due To Construction Accidents Throughout Western PA
Falling from a height—even a relatively low height—can cause serious injury or death. People using ladders or working on a roof are vulnerable to the injuries resulting from such falls. When the falls and subsequent injuries are the results of negligence, the injured person may have legal recourse and be eligible to obtain compensation.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions about roof or ladder falls accidents in Pittsburgh, PA, go to the Goodrich & Geist, P.C. construction accident FAQ page.
Roofing And Ladder Fall Lawyers Can Help
At the Pittsburgh law firm of Goodrich & Geist, P.C., attorneys Josh Geist and Bill Goodrich handle cases involving roof and ladder falls. Their clients include roofers injured while working, homeowners on ladders making repairs, and carpenters and other tradespeople on the job. To learn whether you might be eligible for compensation, call us at 412-766-1455 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
Causes Of Roof Fall Accidents
Our law firm handles cases involving injuries caused by:
- Lack of fall protection (guardrails, harnesses, helmets) on the job and other violations of federal safety regulations for roofers
- Requiring roofers to work in bad weather conditions
- Not cleaning up spills that can make a roof slippery
- Power lines close to the roof not shut off
- Lack of supervision
- Failure to provide safety training
- Defects in safety equipment and ladders used to access the roof
Workers who fall because of conditions like these can suffer broken bones, head and brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and other catastrophic injuries. They could die. When these injuries were the result of a third party’s negligence, injured workers could be eligible for compensation in addition to workers compensation benefits.
Causes Of Ladder Accidents
Roofers are not the only people injured in ladder accidents. Other construction workers, homeowners, painters and other can suffer serious falls and injuries because of:
- Lack of instructions and information about weight limits and ladder setup
- Defects in the design, materials, and manufacture of the ladder
- Improper setup of the ladder on soft ground or gravel
- Worn or broken rungs, feet, and side rails, and braces
- Violations of federal safety regulations
A fall from a ladder because of negligent actions like these can cause serious or fatal injuries. Victims may be eligible for compensation.
Contact Our Fall Injury Lawyers In Pittsburgh
If you were injured by a fall from a roof or ladder caused by negligence, you may be eligible for compensation. To learn more about your options, contact the Pittsburgh attorneys at Goodrich & Geist, P.C., for a free consultation. Telephone us at 412-766-1455 or contact us online. Our Pittsburgh lawyers serve injured clients in Western Pennsylvania, including Allegheny County, Beaver County, Butler County, Westmoreland County, Washington County, and Erie County.