Commercial Vehicle Accidents Lawyers in Pittsburgh
Western Pennsylvania Truck Accident Attorneys Have Experience Helping Clients Pursue Claims for Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Many companies use commercial vehicles such as box trucks, tractor-trailer trucks, dump trucks, buses, and other large vehicles to move goods and people across Western Pennsylvania and throughout the United States. As a result, we all have to share the road with commercial vehicles. That means that those of us walking as pedestrians, riding bicycles or motorcycles, or riding in passenger vehicles may sometimes get into an accident with a commercial vehicle. Commercial vehicles are especially at risk for an accident with other motorists and vehicles on the road due to commercial vehicles’ size, weight, and speed. Unfortunately, when a commercial vehicle gets into an accident with a smaller vehicle, the injuries the occupants of the smaller vehicle tend to be far more severe than injuries suffered in ordinary car accidents.
Pursuing a claim for compensation following a commercial vehicle accident is often a complex matter. Commercial vehicle accidents tend to involve more complicated evidence, and negotiating a settlement with the owners of commercial vehicles involved in accidents can require untangling various corporate structures and insurance policies. When you or a loved one have been injured in a commercial vehicle accident, contact the attorneys of Goodrich & Geist, P.C. Our seasoned commercial vehicle accident lawyers have the knowledge and experience necessary to help clients successfully pursue complicated commercial vehicle accident claims. We believe our track record of success helping clients obtain the financial compensation they need and deserve speaks for itself.
Pittsburgh, PA Lawyers Thoroughly Investigate and Pursue Claims Arising from Commercial Vehicle Accidents
When you retain Goodrich & Geist, P.C. to help you with your commercial vehicle accident claim, you retain the services of a law firm that will vigorously represent you. We leave no stone unturned when investigating the circumstances of your accident and aggressively negotiate and advocate on your behalf to get you a favorable outcome in your claim. Our attorneys know that commercial vehicle accident cases are far more complicated than your ordinary car accident. This is due to several factors, such as:
- Various layers of corporate ownership – Businesses may have various corporate layers and affiliates, which can make it difficult to determine which entity or entities owned and/or controlled the vehicle involved in the accident
- Complex state and federal regulations – Commercial vehicles and their drivers are subject to numerous governmental regulations, which covers matters such as how long drivers can be on the road, how heavy vehicles can be, and how vehicles have to be maintained
- Multiple potentially liable parties – There are numerous entities that are involved with commercial vehicles, including the owner of the vehicle, the driver and the entity that employs the driver, the company that hires the vehicle, the manufacturer of the vehicle, and the mechanics who maintain the vehicle
- Complex evidence requiring expert analysis – Investigating a commercial vehicle accident requires reviewing driver logs, cargo or freight manifests, and vehicle data recorders; this evidence is often reviewed by experts who render opinions that are used to support your claim
- The presence of serious injuries for commercial vehicle accident victims – Commercial vehicle accidents often inflict serious injuries on the occupants of smaller vehicles; because these serious injuries often require expensive and long-term treatment, it can be necessary to ensure that the injured victims are properly compensated for care and treatment costs that they will incur long after their legal claim is resolved
Goodrich & Geist, P.C. has the experience and resources necessary to ensure that your commercial vehicle accident is thoroughly investigated so that we can put together the most persuasive case possible to obtain a successful outcome for you.
How Goodrich & Geist, P.C.
Our experienced commercial vehicle accident lawyers can help you wade through the complex issues involved in a commercial vehicle accident case. We can begin the process of investigating your accident, collecting all the important evidence in a commercial vehicle accident case, such as the driver’s logs, cargo manifests, the vehicle’s GPS or recorder data, and/or the driver’s drug test results. We will work with experts to review this evidence to reconstruct what happened in your accident and demonstrate the commercial vehicle driver’s liability for the accident and your injuries.
We will negotiate with the liable parties, determining which persons and business entities have a legal responsibility to you for your injuries. We will also investigate to uncover all possible sources of insurance coverage. If necessary, we are prepared to pursue your claim in court and get you a verdict and judgment in your favor.
Schedule a Consultation With Our Dedicated Pittsburgh, PA Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident caused by a commercial vehicle, don’t wait another day to begin the process of pursuing a claim for compensation that you need and deserve for your recovery. Pursuing compensation following a commercial vehicle accident is a complex and time-consuming endeavor. Let the attorneys of Goodrich & Geist, P.C. take on the burdens of pursuing your claim so that you can focus on your recovery and getting back to your life. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced Pittsburgh commercial vehicle accident lawyers to discuss your case and to learn more about your rights and options.