Car Accidents Lawyers Pittsburgh, PA
Experienced PA Personal Injury Attorneys Representing Car Crash Victims in Allegheny County and Throughout Pennsylvania
Anytime you get behind the wheel of a car and head out on the roads in Pennsylvania, you run the risk of being involved in a serious car accident. The truth is that motor vehicle accidents occur all the time – even with motorists who take every precaution while driving. Whether it’s due to inclement weather conditions, a speeding vehicle, a distracted driver, a tire blowout, or a defective air bag, car accidents happen every single day on roads and highways in PA. If you have been injured in a car crash in Pittsburgh or elsewhere in Pennsylvania, what matters now is that you get the medical care you need to recover from your injuries, replace your damaged vehicle, and return to the life you had before the accident. The best way to ensure that you are treated fairly throughout the accident claims process and, if necessary, during a legal battle in the courtroom is to have an experienced Pittsburgh car accident lawyer on your side.
Goodrich & Geist, P.C. is a personal injury law firm that assists car accident victims in Pittsburgh, Erie, Greensburg, Butler, and everywhere else in Pennsylvania. Contact us today to discuss your car accident claim and explore your legal options.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions about car accidents in Pennsylvania, please view our car accident FAQ page.
Main Causes of Car Accidents in Erie, Pennsylvania
The primary cause of most car crashes on Pennsylvania roads & highways is driver negligence. When a driver acts carelessly or recklessly, they endanger the lives of other motorists, passengers, and pedestrians. Some motorists fail to obey speed limits on the highway because they are in a rush to get to work in the morning. Other motorists simply aren’t paying attention while they drive because they are focused on their cell phones or other mobile devices. Still other motorists are unable to safely navigate their cars because they are intoxicated while driving. If you were involved in a car accident caused by a negligent motorist and sustained serious injuries or property damage, it is imperative that you seek medical attention and then contact a qualified PA car crash attorney.
Here is a list of some of the main causes of Pennsylvania car accidents:
- Negligent Drivers: People’s lives are put in danger by motorists who fail to exercise control over their cars. Sometimes, the result of this negligence behind the wheel is a rear-end collision that causes whiplash and other injuries. Other times, the result is a head-on collision that ends with fatalities.
- Distracted Drivers: Drivers who are looking at their phones or texting are more likely to miss a stop sign or run a red light.
- Tired or Drowsy Drivers: Truck drivers are especially prone to falling asleep while operating their vehicles. When a truck crashes into a much-smaller car, the damages to the car driver and passengers can be catastrophic.
- Speeding: When a car is traveling at a high rate of speed, it only stands to reason that a collision with another car will cause maximum damage. In the worst cases, a high-speed collision between two cars can prove deadly.
- Drunk Driving: Alcohol intake can cause a person to suffer from slower reaction times and poor judgment, which makes driving while drunk extremely dangerous. DUI accidents may be deadly when the intoxicated motorist makes a wrong turn and fails to slow down their car.
- Weather Conditions: Dangerous weather conditions, such as snow or ice on the road during the harsh Pennsylvania winters, can cause car accidents resulting in significant injuries.
- Road Hazards: When PA construction crews work on roads and highways, they often leave behind debris. If you were driving your car and had to suddenly swerve out of the way to avoid debris on the road, it’s possible that you crashed into another car and sustained significant injuries.
- Defective Auto Parts: Car manufacturers have a legal responsibility to ensure that all vehicle parts are safe for use. Defective air bags, faulty tires, and malfunctioning brake lights have all been known to cause car accidents in Pennsylvania.
Negotiating with the Insurance Company and Seeking Damages in Greensburg Car Accident Cases
The end result of a car accident caused by driver negligence, dangerous weather conditions, or road hazards can be catastrophic injuries. In the worst cases, a serious car accident can be fatal. If you suffered physical injuries in a Pennsylvania car crash, or if you lost a loved one in a car accident, the best way to get compensation and justice for your loss is to have an experienced Pennsylvania personal injury lawyer handling your case. A qualified PA car accident attorney can negotiate with the insurance company and fight to get you compensated for your injuries, hospital expenses, pain and suffering, emotional suffering, property damage, and lost wages if you have to miss time from work during the recovery process.
You should expect the insurance company to contest your accident claim. That’s why it is important for you to have qualified legal counsel by your side when you begin discussing a settlement with the insurance provider. Remember that the insurance adjustor is not your friend; their only concern is minimizing the amount of money they will have to pay you for your car accident claim. The experienced PA car accident attorneys at Goodrich & Geist, P.C. will help you navigate the complicated terrain of the accident claims process and make sure that the insurance company – whether it’s your company or the other motorist’s company – does not get away with making a lowball settlement offer to you.
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Experienced Pittsburgh Car Accident Attorney Today
Were you injured in a car accident in Western Pennsylvania? The Pittsburgh car accident attorneys of Goodrich & Geist, P.C. have the experience, skills, and resources necessary to get you the financial compensation you deserve. We represent car accident victims throughout Pennsylvania, including Allegheny County, Beaver County, Butler County, Erie County, Washington County, and Westmoreland County, PA. Call us today at 412-766-1455 or fill out the online form to schedule a free initial consultation about your Pennsylvania car accident case.