Pittsburgh Types of Injuries Lawyer
PA Personal Injury Attorneys Help Victims Recover Compensation for All Types of Injuries in Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you know that a catastrophic injury can drastically change your and your family’s life. It can be difficult to know when and how to pursue a legal claim for compensation depending on the type of injury you have suffered. Depending on the circumstances of the accident or incident that caused your injury, the type of injury you suffered may limit the avenues of compensation that you are entitled to. The more severe types of injuries can be especially difficult to pursue compensation for, since it is often necessary to calculate future medical and personal care expenses that will be incurred long after your legal claim is settled.
At Goodrich & Geist, P.C., our knowledgeable Pittsburgh personal injury lawyers have helped personal injury victims recover compensation for all different kinds of injuries that they have suffered through no fault of our own. Our attorneys have the experience and resources to know how to investigate a particular injury and to collect the evidence necessary to prove that your injury occurred, who was responsible for your injury and the financial damages you have and will suffer from your injury. Contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys to learn more about how we can help you pursue compensation for your particular type of injury.
Types of Injuries Our Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
At Goodrich & Geist, P.C. our personal injury attorneys have a track record of success helping clients pursue compensation for many different kinds of injuries. Some of the most common severe injury cases that our firm handles include:
- Brain injuries – Brain injuries can range from a mild concussion to a long-term coma or serious and permanent brain damage. Brain injuries can leave accident victims with significant losses to their speech, mobility, cognitive ability, and personality, and may even leave them unable to work or care for themselves
- Back and neck injuries – Back and neck injuries can be incredibly serious, leaving a victim with life-long pain and paralysis. Back and neck injuries can also include damages to facial nerves, the esophagus, and the trachea, necessitating significant medical intervention to keep an injured victim alive
- Burn injuries – In addition to the damage to skin and underlying tissue that burns cause, victims may also face the risk of additional injury and suffering through infection. Victims may also face the possibility of permanent consequences of a burn injury such as disfigurement or mobility issues
- Paralysis – Usually resulting from a spinal cord injury, victims may suffer paralysis in just one part of the body or may be completely and totally paralyzed. Paralysis can leave an injured victim with a need for complex and long-lasting medical and personal care
- Amputations – An injured victim who is forced to lose a limb must undergo difficult rehabilitation to relearn how to function in the world, and are often unable to fully return to their work and their lives or even return to gainful employment at all
- Child injuries – Children are particularly susceptible to injury because they lack the knowledge of dangers and risks that give people a healthy fear and awareness moving through life. Children often suffer injuries around swimming pools, from defective toys and products, and from aggressive pets
No matter how you were injured through no fault of your own, our dedicated Pittsburgh personal injury attorneys will fight to ensure that you receive the compensation you need for your physical and emotional recovery and to put your life back on track following your accident.
Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyers Can Advise You About Your Rights and Options After Suffering Different Types of Injuries
When you’ve suffered an injury through no fault of your own, you may not know where to begin to pursue compensation from the party or parties who may be financially responsible to you for your injuries. Because our experienced personal injury attorneys here at Goodrich & Geist, P.C. have helped clients with all different types of injuries, we can expertly advise you as to your rights and options to pursue compensation for the type of injury you have suffered. For example, if you’ve suffered a slip and fall injury, we can help you pursue compensation from the property owner’s insurance company. Or if you’ve suffered neck and back injuries in a motor vehicle accident, we can help you pursue compensation from the at-fault driver or even from your own insurance’s personal injury protection coverage. Or if you’ve suffered an injury at work, we can help you seek workers’ compensation benefits or Social Security disability benefits.
Contact Our Firm Today If You’ve Suffered an Injury through No Fault of Your Own
Pursuing compensation for injuries can be a complex matter depending on the type of injury you’ve suffered. It may be necessary to collect and organize many different kinds of medical records, and it can be difficult to calculate what your damages, in particular, your future medical expenses and needs, are. If you’ve suffered an injury through no fault of your own, contact an experienced Pittsburgh types of injuries lawyer at Goodrich & Geist, P.C. today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a member of our legal team to discuss your case in further detail and to learn more about your legal rights and options.