Common Work-Related Injuries Lawyer Pittsburgh, PA
Compassionate Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Help Workers Obtain Benefits for Common Work-Related Injuries in Pittsburgh, PA
When we go to work, many of us don’t consider the possibility that we will suffer an injury or contract an illness on the job. Unfortunately, thousands of people each day are injured or develop an illness on the job. Although some people may be the victims of freak accidents, most injured workers suffer from one or several more common work-related injuries. Even if an injury is among the more common kinds that are suffered in work accidents, that does not mean that an employee is any less entitled to the full slate of benefits they are eligible for under Pennsylvania’s workers’ compensation law.
If you’ve suffered a common work-related injury but are having trouble receiving the workers’ compensation benefits you believe you are entitled to under the law, contact the seasoned Pittsburgh workers’ compensation lawyers of Goodrich & Geist, P.C. to speak with a member of our legal team and to learn more about your legal rights and your options for pursuing the benefits you need and deserve.
Examples of Common Work-Related Injuries
There are numerous kinds of accidents and injuries that can occur in various industrial and occupational sectors. Of course, certain jobs are more susceptible to certain kinds of injuries and less susceptible to other kinds of injuries. However, certain kinds of injuries are common to most or all job sectors. Some of the most common examples of work-related injuries that our attorneys have seen include:
- Slip & falls and trip & falls – can occur on an employer’s premises or on other property while an employee is fulfilling work duties for his or her employer
- Muscle and soft tissue sprains, strains, and tears – can happen, for example, due to a fall, an accident with equipment, in a motor vehicle accident, or while lifting heavy objects
- Falls from heights – employees who are required to work near unsecured heights, such as construction workers, are susceptible to falls from heights, which can cause serious injuries such as broken bones, head/neck/back injuries, or traumatic brain injuries
- Falling objects and crush injuries – heavy objects and equipment that fall on an employee can cause crush injuries like bone fractures or joint damage, or even more serious injuries like internal bleeding and organ damage or amputation of digits or limbs
- Repetitive stress injuries – includes ligament and tendon strains and tears or spinal disc disease or injury
- Motor vehicle accidents – motor vehicle accidents that occur while driving between an employer’s locations during the workday or driving to any location on instruction from the employer (but not driving to or from work at the beginning or end of the workday) can cause injuries that are compensable under workers’ compensation laws
- Lacerations – nearly every workplace has sharp objects that can cause lacerations or perforations to an employee
- Exposure to toxic substances or infectious diseases – construction and manufacturing workers are often exposed to various toxic substances, while healthcare workers and first responders are at particular risk for exposure to infectious diseases
- Hearing damage and hearing loss – workers who are required to work near loud noises for prolonged periods, without proper hearing protection, may suffer hearing damage or permanent hearing loss
No matter what kind of injury or illness you’ve suffered due to your work, the dedicated workers’ compensation lawyers at Goodrich & Geist, P.C. can help you obtain the compensation and benefits that you need for your recovery.
How Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Can Help Obtain Benefits for Common Work-Related Injuries
It is important to remember that, no matter how seemingly common a work-related injury is, if it required medical treatment and/or causes you to miss time from work, you are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits. At Goodrich & Geist, P.C. our workers’ compensation attorneys are prepared to fight hard to get you the workers’ compensation benefits you need even for the most common work-related injuries. Our lawyers will begin by thoroughly investigating the circumstances of your work accident so that we can definitively establish that your illness or injury is work-related and therefore prove that you are entitled to benefits. We will also review your medical records with our medical and vocational experts to determine the extent of your injuries and be able to advocate for the medical benefits, wage replacement benefits, and disability benefits that you may be entitled to for your injuries. We are prepared to pursue your workers’ compensation benefits claim as far as necessary, including filing a claim petition with the bureau of workers’ compensation and, if needed, in the courts.
Contact Our Pittsburgh Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Today to Learn More About Your Legal Rights and Options
If you or a loved one have suffered a common work-related injury and are having trouble obtaining workers’ compensation benefits from your employer, don’t go another day without the financial resources you need to help you with your recovery and your time away from work. Contact the dedicated Pittsburgh workers’ compensation attorneys at Goodrich & Geist, P.C. today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case and to learn more about your rights to and options for seeking workers’ compensation benefits.